Sealing your flat roof can help extend its life. Many roofs need to be sealed every two years or after every significant storm to keep them in optimal condition. Having flat roof waterproofing done by a roof coating contractor is a quick and simple, and this measure can be instrumental in keeping your building leak-free. Read on to learn more about the benefits of professional roof coatings!
Benefits of a Roof Sealant Application
Your local roof coating contractor can effectively apply a professional-grade roof sealant product to defend your building against leakage. We use industry-leading products like Elastomeric roof coating at J.R. Swigart for optimized protection and longevity. Here are some of the crucial benefits of our roof coatings:
- Prevent leaks
- Provide better energy efficiency
- Improve indoor comfort
- Improve aesthetics
- Economical compared to a roof replacement
Our Flat Roof Waterproofing Process
- Inspect roof for cracks. Remove any flaking or loose seal coat using a wire brush. Sweep away debris.
- Wash the roof with trisodium phosphate (TSP) or the manufacturer’s desired cleaning method.
- Rinse the roof and wait for it to dry.
- Cover the seams and edges of flashing.
- Apply primer.
- Apply seal coat if the weather permits. Some seal coats may require a certain temperature and humidity level for adequate curing.
- Inspect the seal coat after it dries and apply touch-ups if necessary
Experts in Roof Coatings
If you’re concerned that your roof’s conditions are creating a risk for leaks, a roof coating service can provide your solution. Roof coatings are applied directly to your existing roof. They are designed to repair minor issues, protecting your building from water damage with a quick and cost-effective process.
Our team as J.R. Swigart is able to apply roof coatings to any roofing system you may have. We have been providing exceptional service for over 24 years and we take pride in giving our customers a quality roof at a fair price. Contact us today for a free quote on roof sealant application!