Signs Your Roof Is Beyond Repairs
Tri-Cities WA | Pasco WA | Richland WA
Kennewick WA | Spokane WA | Portland OR | Seattle WA | Boise ID | Vancouver WA
Commercial roofs are designed to last decades, but they will eventually wear out over time. It’s important to regularly inspect your roof to ensure that it is in good condition and not putting your property at risk of water damage and other problems. Not replacing your roof in time could lead to issues such as:
- Serious leaks and extensive water damage
- Moisture problems and mold growth
- Poor insulation and high utility bills
- Risk of fire or electric shock
- Structural damage
Signs You Should Replace Your Commercial Roof
If your roof is past its prime and you’re experiencing constant problems, then it may be time to consider replacing your roof rather than paying for constant repairs. Here are some signs that your roof is beyond repairs:
- Constant water leaks: If you are frequently dealing with leaks or standing water on your roof, then it likely means that your drainage system is malfunctioning. Serious water damage can cause major issues throughout your roof system, so it’s generally best to invest in a replacement.
- Numerous missing fasteners: When your roof is exposed to moisture, it will expand and contract more than usual. Over time, this excess movement can displace fasteners throughout your roof. Because this problem generally involves extensive water damage, it is usually faster and more cost-effective to replace your roof entirely.
- Major tears or serious damage: Serious damage can occur in a number of ways, from hail to fallen tree limbs. Though small tears can usually be fixed with a quick repair, larger damage may need a full replacement instead.
- Blisters or bubbling throughout the roof: Blistering or bubbles are generally a sign that the roof was poorly installed, which often indicates that there may be more unseen problems. If you are dealing with this problem, you should contact a professional to assess the condition of your roof.
- Open seams or moisture issues. As your roof ages, the surface will begin to develop open seams. If these are not repaired, then water can penetrate your roof deck and insulation, which may lead to extensive damage and moisture problems that are best treated with a full replacement.
- Sagging or pooling. Pooling refers to when puddles of water begin to form in low spots on your roof. If this problem isn’t addressed, it could lead to leaks and other issues. Sagging and pooling are common signs that your flat commercial roof is wearing out and needs to be replaced.
Ready to Get Started? Get a Free Estimate!
Leave your contact information and we will contact you in 30 minutes or less
Reliable Roof Replacements Near You
If your roof is aging, wearing out, or in need of frequent repairs, then it may be time to invest in a replacement. Thankfully, the experts at JR Swigart Roofing are here to help! Our team of experienced roofing contractors has proudly served homes and businesses throughout Washington state since 1995, and we will use our expertise to provide you with the best in quality, price, and service. For quality roof replacement services, call us today to get a personalized quote!Back to Roof Repair
Signs Your Roof Is Beyond Repairs in Vancouver WA - Olympia - Tri-Cities - Portland OR
SERVING WASHINGTON, OREGON, AND IDAHO