Can Flat Roofs Be Repaired?
If your roof still has life in it, repairing it is a quick and affordable option for roof replacement. Learn more about what signs you should look for as you consider roof restoration and if you have any questions, contact J.R. Swigart. We’d be happy to help you!
Signs Your Roof Needs Repairs
Single-ply roofing is a popular option for flat and low-slope commercial buildings because it provides long-term durability and energy efficiency — and you can help increase its longevity with simple repairs. Below are some common signs your roof could benefit from repairs.
- Cracks or punctures
- Loose or missing fasteners
- Open seams
- Signs of mold
- Signs of water damage
It’s important to take care of these problems as soon as you notice because neglecting them will only lead to costly repairs or even require a roof replacement.
What Are the Benefits of Roof Restoration?
Having repairs made to your roofing will help it return to its optimal operating condition. When you have your roofing restored:
- It extends life: adding up to about 15 years of life to your existing roof.
- It’s cost-effective: restoration can save you up to half the cost of a new roof. The project can also be staged over several years to help improve your cash flow.
- Provides peace of mind: manufacturer’s no-dollar-limit guarantee is available up to 15 years.
- There is minimal disruption: repairs and restorations are often quick and easy
Experienced in Flat Roof Repairs
If you have concerns about the condition of your roofing, contact us. We will perform a thorough site inspection, looking at the exterior and interior of your building, looking for water damage and rotting. We’ll also inspect the insulation and roofing membrane. Whether we find that your roofing system is in good condition or could use some minor repairs, we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.